Thursday, 17 October 2013

Post 2 - An interesting phonecall from the architect..

Dear Mum,

Today I got a call from Joe Diamond, our architect for the house. After a few months of nothing really happening, he told me that the roads service had emailed him with details of layouts they would be happy with and these have been approved by the planning service, and...

..he expects to have the planning permission in his hand in the next 2-3 weeks! :D

We could not be more thrilled! We really didn't expect it to be passed on the first round with no changes to the design at all. The next step after this is meeting with Joe to discuss the spec of the house in terms of heating systems, materials, etc. Which is very exciting!

It is a strange feeling, because until now the house had been a dream. Quite literally. Nothing was real, except the gaping hole in our savings account where the planning permission fee used to be. Now that we are a (pretty huge) step closer, it all is starting to feel more real. Which makes me have fluttertummy.

This has been an excellent news week, in which I have received good news about our house and got a pretty big promotion at work. Tomorrow Dave and I fly to Glasgow to spend the weekend with my amazing uni friends. Life is pretty good right now! :)

I'll update you soon when we have more information and I'll send you some pics of what we've been up to.

Til next time,

Lots of love,

Cath x

No comments:

Post a Comment